We can’t wait for global policy-makers to slow the world vehicle. That’s the sneaky reality of such rates of speed. Each one of us can do radical good—change one life from consumption to creation. Which might inspire other lives to step up and slow down.
*Figures thanks to Tyler Volk's CO2 Rising (see video)
List of Outlandish Easy Fixes to Slow CO2 Overkill:
- Cut your auto miles by one half in 2010--feel your pulse rise to the challenge?
- Shop local, within blocks of your house if you can
- Air dry clothes and linens
- Insulate your attic--helps reduce winter and summer energy use
- Trip combine, better still...
- Park your car on weekends--you can do it
- Stop using plastic trash bags--humans survived without them for eons
- Harvest what’s around you
- Reduce shopping as pastime by half in 2010--shopping isn't living, it’s preparing to live
- Make do. You’ll laugh more.